The Dell Centre sits within an attractive wooded bowl next to St Giles Church which originates from 1125. The building is part single and part two storey and uses the existing site levels to provide an upper entrance that links to the church via the Lych Gate. Miller Bourne Architects were involved with the project from inception to completion, working closely with the client team throughout. The construction was procured through a single stage traditional tender process and there was a requirement for the scheme to attain a BREEAM very good rating as well as respond to some sensitive site ecology. The building accommodates a number of flexible community spaces including the main hall which is served by a kitchen and can be acoustically divided into two areas both of which open onto a large semi circular terrace that sits within the bowl. On the first floor are located three further group rooms of various sizes. The design incorporates large roof-lights over the main hall space to provide generous amounts of natural light and ventilation and throughout the building windows are positioned to frame views of the surrounding landscape.